Re: a quick lecture on technical writing

Subject: Re: a quick lecture on technical writing
From: Jim Jones <han4yu3 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Don Cunningham <doncunningham79 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 16:28:44 -0500

Hey Don, This is Jim Jones in Chicago. Konnichi wa? No longer at the old
department? Been thinking about you wrt Japanese swords, one of your areas
of expertise. I remember that you wrote a book on the topic.

Becca, I'd recommend relevant sections from the excellent HT Write and
Present Tech Info [abbreviations are mine] by Charles Sides, and it's in
the 3rd edition [1999].

How to Write and Present Technical Information is one of the two texts for
my graduate Computer Science class [Over the summer I completed the last
course of my old BA program in Linguistics from the University of Chicago
-- I'm over 50 but I did it].

Now I'm a grad student in Linguistics but because of my Technical
Communication and computing interests, I'm taking some Computer Science
courses too.

In fact, our instructor Jim Albright just yesterday gave us a lecture which
summarized the first four chapters of that excellent book...I can send you
the great ppt that he did. Just e-mail me privately.

Jim Jones

linkedin.com/in/jimxlat

communication.openhill.com

Twitter: @han4yu3 [Mandarin Coaching]