Re: Keyboards revisited

Subject: Re: Keyboards revisited
From: Blibbet <blibbet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 13:44:32 -0700

Oh yikes, don't pay that much money for mechanical keyboard with a USB
port. :-O

If that old-style mechanical feel and sound are important to you, it is
relatively easy to find those old AT DIN5 keyboards for free.
[...]

I guess I'll offer a different experience.

I tried to continue to use my old keyboard for years, when systems stopped supporting legacy keyboard ports and only had USB. But the connectors usually jammed up the keyboard ofer a few hours/days of use. Maybe I just never found the right connectors, and modern connectors are better.

New Unicomp keyboards are based on same hardware design as original ones. Except they have new USB cables, not legacy keyboard cables. And I've never had any of the glitches I had when using AT or PS/2 keyboards with USB adapters.

Sure, if you're on a budget, live with the occasional adapter glitch. If you can afford a new keyboard, I am very happy with my Unicomp mechanical keyboard.

(The only thing missing is backlighting, but then again, the keys are all in the right place, so I really don't need backlighting on this keyboard anyway.)

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ