Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for September 27, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:53:43 -0400

Another big week of doings throughout the world of technical communications
and content management (and other worlds too, but mentioning that would be
off-topic). TCUK looks like a smashing success, good help from Craig
Cardimon, an FAQ template from Rachel Houghton, and a poll question on
copyright traps in the world of technical content. And that’s just on

Our new community forums are chugging along, adding some great new voices,
and engaging some we already respect. The big news here is that we are
moving up our timeline to migrate the email discussion list to the
community forum platform. By this time Monday, commenting and the list
will be living together as one big happy, cantankerous and occasionally
contentious family. Many thanks to Techwr-l founder Eric Ray for his
invaluable assistance in converting from the old platform to the new. He’s
mastered the dark art of the old platform, and has already made it all look
easy… even if it isn’t. For you it will be.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Author This Week for September 26, 2013 | http://bit.ly/1bfex3m
- The Help Files: Resume Tips, Personality Types, Pinning, and Gmailing,
by Craig Cardimon | http://bit.ly/14EWrTf
- Template Tuesdays: FAQ Template, by Rachel Houghton |
http://bit.ly/18VL9XW
- Using Copyright Traps (poll) | http://bit.ly/15P1Qry
http://bit.ly/16HBVSv

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- 64-Bit Corel® PaintShop® Pro X6 Released | http://w.ly/2AcGhC
- DocuWare Acquires ECM Vendor Westbrook Technologies, Inc. |
http://ow.ly/2Ad2qz

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University
<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl