Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for November 15, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2013 23:28:16 -0500

Thanks to the amazing people who make up the TechWhirl community, we go
from the sublime to the sublime in content and conversation. Highlights of
interesting and just plain useful sessions from LavaCon 2013, and the debut
of Useless Assistance from Edward Smyda-Homa mark another week of great
content on TechWhirl. Conversations on the community forums and email
discussion list run the gamut of lively debate around “content
engineering,” and more classic topics such as using screenshots in
documentation, moving to a manager role, and dealing with authors who can’t
write.

Immerse, interact and enjoy—that’s what we’re here for.

Have a sublime weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for November 14, 2013 | http://bit.ly/I0wgOl
- LavaCon: Google Glass is Here! What’s Real, What’s Hype, and What’s
Just Cool, by Ryan Minaker | http://bit.ly/171izIv
- Useless Assistance: A Window View on Frustration, by Edward Smyda-Homa
| http://bit.ly/1aPKjTG
- LavaCon: Using a Gamification Design Framework to Gamify Products and
Improve Reception, by Jill Viers | http://bit.ly/1brUgTQ

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

· Adobe Systems: Guest Blog: Matt Sullivan on ePubs Tips n’
Tricks<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2013/10/guest-blog-matt-sullivan-on-epubs-tips-n-tricks.html>

· Scriptorium: Extending our content strategy empire—at least to
the Empire State<http://www.scriptorium.com/2013/11/extending-our-content-strategy-empire-at-least-to-the-empire-state/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=extending-our-content-strategy-empire-at-least-to-the-empire-state>

· MadCap Software: MadCap Lingo 8 Gets Translation Editor
Enhancements, New File Support, 101% Matches, Concordance Search and
More<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2013/11/06/madcap-lingo-8-gets-translation-editor-enhancements-new-file-support-101-matches-concordance-search-and-more/>

· EasyDITA: DITA for Everyone: It’s not just for
TechPubs!<http://easydita.com/dita-for-everyone-its-not-just-for-techpubs/>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Helping the world explore the art of content and communications

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl