Re: DocBook XSL help? (kafkascampi)

Subject: Re: DocBook XSL help? (kafkascampi)
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Chris Despopoulos <despopoulos_chriss -at- yahoo -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:28:15 -0800

My understanding is that the xml:id tags control both chunking and the
TOC. Currently every heading that's in the TOC starts a new chunk.

My gut feeling is it would be easier to mofify the chunking the
"right" way by modifying the DocBook+WebHelp project than to kludge it
with post-processing. I got some feedback from the developer:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20980281/docbook-xsl-chunking/20987759

Another option is to modify the Velocity template that controls the
DocBook export from Confluence and generate a custom plug-in. That's
kind of a pain but it's a devil I already know. And that way any
future changes to DocBook+WebHelp would probably not break my build
process.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ