Two (inexpensive) May conferences in Portland of interest to tech writers

Subject: Two (inexpensive) May conferences in Portland of interest to tech writers
From: Lois Patterson <loisrpatterson -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 11:49:16 -0800

I'm not connected to either of these events, except that I have registered
as an attendee for each of them.

InfoCamp PDX - Although I haven't gone to the Portland version, I have gone
to Seattle and Berkeley InfoCamps. The audience tends to include some tech
writers, but also people in library science, content strategy, information
architecture, and related fields. May 3-4 this year.

http://portland.infocamp.org/

Write the Docs - If you are interested in developer documentation and
working with developers to create documentation, and the technical aspects
of documentation infrastructure, this is a great conference to attend. Many
of the attendees are Python programmers who are passionate about open
source and good documentation for what they create. I attended last year,
and was very impressed. May 5-6 this year.

http://conf.writethedocs.org/

I hope I can convince some other list members to attend!

Lois Patterson
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS