Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for March 14, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 11:46:24 -0400

Conferences, STC elections, various tech comm tool releases, job rankings
and the occasional oddball technical glitch make for a pretty busy week.
Al, Jill Parman and I each put together some thoughts on our experiences at
Intelligent Content Conference 2014. And check out the video Jill put
together to with some photographic highlights. The STC elections have
begun, and the two candidates for Vice President, Bernard Aschwanden and
Paul Mueller, have staked out their positions in interviews.

In the meantime, Whirlers on the email discussion list have made up for the
January/February downtime this week with a surprisingly long list of
threads you might want to check out, including a couple on how the Tech
Writer job ranks on a couple of different scales, and requests and
recommendations regarding a whole bunch of tools available to the
discriminating technical communicator. Get in on the action by registering
for the forum<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories>or
subscribing
to the email list<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe>.
Don't forget to check out the archives <http://www.techwr-l.com/> for a
little historical perspective on it all.

Remember, TechWhirl is hosting a Fast 5 webinar on
DITA<http://techwhirl.com/event/intro-dita-techwhirl-fast-5/>(including
panelists from our sponsor easyDITA) on Wednesday, March 19. Get
the basics, ask some questions (use the Twitter hashtag #TWFast5) and learn
more about why DITA is top of mind to the tech comm community.

Happy Pi Day, and have a great weekend,

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week March 13, 2014 | http://bit.ly/N9vml2
- STC Elections 2014: Interview with VP Candidate Paul Mueller |
http://bit.ly/1kLWGF0
- STC Elections 2014: Interview with VP Candidate Bernard Aschwanden |
http://bit.ly/1ehAY3U
- ICC2014 Observation: Too Many Communication Silos, by Al Martine |
http://ow.ly/uyoZ4
- Musings from ICC 2014: It's Not a Sprint, It's a Marathon, by Connie
Giordano | http://bit.ly/1fqUH0O
- Think Big, Start Small, and Break Down Content Barriers [ICC2014
Video], by Jill Parman | http://bit.ly/NX4pCd
- ICC Observations: Collaborating, Publishing Online, and Using Metrics
Successfully, by Jill Parman | http://bit.ly/OeUGaf

*Technical Communication news on http://TechWhirl.com/news
<http://techwhirl.com/news>:*

- DivvyHQ Announces New Strategic Hires | http://ow.ly/2EzNkA
- Clarabridge and Expion Combine Social-Analytic Power for Brands |
http://ow.ly/2EybaO
- MEI Debuts Cloud-based Digital Publishing Workflow System |
http://ow.ly/2Exsm9

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page - what's happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- MadCap Software: Just Announced: The Sessions Presented by MadCap
Software at MadWorld
2014<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/03/06/just-announced-the-sessions-presented-by-madcap-software-at-madworld-2014/>
- Scriptorium: A hierarchy of content
needs<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/03/a-hierarchy-of-content-needs/#utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=a-hierarchy-of-content-needs>
- Adobe Systems: Leveraging cloud services for collaboration in RoboHelp
11<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/02/leveraging-popular-cloud-services-for-collaboration-in-robohelp-11.html>
- EasyDITA: Managing Multiple Contributors to Your Product
Documentation<http://easydita.com/solving-the-contribution-problem-in-product-documentation/>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special "thank you" to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>, easyDITA
<http://easydita.com/>

<http://easydita.com/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://easydita.com/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS