RE: Word 2013 Styles Fun

Subject: RE: Word 2013 Styles Fun
From: "Margaret Cekis" <Margaret -dot- Cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 16:33:55 -0400

Chris Morton asked about creating a new Word Template.
___________________________
Chris:

I start by taking a short existing document of the type of report or manual
I want a template of.

Then go through heading level by heading level, and create appropriate
styles . Repeat for all the figure and table caption types, and each type of
text you want to define, body text, numbered lists, bullet lists, 2nd or 3rd
levels of nested lists, etc. Delete all other styles you have not defined.

Then I go back and replace any text left in the paragraphs used in defining
the "allowed" styles, and put in explanatory text that tells users how to
use the template. Highlight all the sample or instruction text in yellow (or
your color of choice), instructing the users to replace the highlighted
instructions with actual text in their own document, and reminding them to
save their completed document as .docx and not .dotx.

Margaret Cekis, Johns Creek GA.

P.S. I'll send you a sample template, but I can't attach one in the message
to the List.

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS