FrameMaker 11: Can't Open: Error 16

Subject: FrameMaker 11: Can't Open: Error 16
From: Keith Hansen <Keith -dot- Hansen -at- opensolutions -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:44:20 +0000

Hi everyone,

When I tried to open FrameMaker this morning, I got the error messages shown below. One of the messages is an error 16. I've never encountered these errors before. (BTW, I have Frame 11 in ATCS 4.)

I'm researching the problem, but I thought I'd run it past the list members too. (There's a lot on info on the Internet about this, and it looks rather complex.)

Questions:

1. Has anyone encountered these errors?

2. What causes the problem?

3. Any solutions?
Thanks in advance for your help! The error messages are shown below....

Keith

---------------------------
Configuration error
---------------------------
Please uninstall and reinstall the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 16

http://www.adobe.com/support/
The AMT subsystem has indicated that the licensing subsystem has failed!

NOTICE:
This e-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by replying to the original message at the listed email address. Thank You.
Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/NNcWqS