Re: Terminology Question

Subject: Re: Terminology Question
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 12:26:16 -0700

I probably wouldn't call it anything. "1. Type your user name and
press Enter. 2. Type your password and press enter."

I'd enter a bug report about the missing cursor.

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Joel W <eleysium -at- outlook -dot- com> wrote:
> Let's say you have a screen with several boxes / fields for entering data. The user moves from one box to the other, but there isn't a cursor in the box to indicate what box she is using. What do you call the presence in the box? i.e.:"Press enter. The ____ moves to the next box."

Doc-To-Help 2014 v1 now available. SharePoint 2013 support, NetHelp enhancements, and more. Read all about it.

Learn more:


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Terminology Question: From: Joel W

Previous by Author: Re: Does your organization mark PDF user guides as confidential?
Next by Author: Business analysis study group - Washington DC
Previous by Thread: Re: Terminology Question
Next by Thread: Re: Terminology Question

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads