Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for August 1, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 11:50:48 -0400

Have you gone exploring around TechWhirl lately? My regular jaunts through
the archives, the email discussion list <http://techwr-l.com/>, the
magazines and the portals always turn up some gems, but lately more so than
ever. You could peruse some really informative, extra lively discussions on
a whole range of topics, including style versus grammar
<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1407/techwhirl-1407-00162.html#.U9u1ZvldXYY>,
using Jira for documentation
<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1407/techwhirl-1407-00045.html#.U9u1B_ldXYY>,
Oculus Rift docs
<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1407/techwhirl-1407-00181.html#.U9u1kPldXYY>,
using Illustrator
<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1407/techwhirl-1407-00196.html#.U9u1rvldXYY>,
infographics
<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1407/techwhirl-1407-00072.html#.U9u1SfldXYY
and thatâs just the topics generated in the discussion list.

Add to that a few more debates and commentary about recent TechWhirl
articles courtesy the community forums. Welcome our latest addition to the
Special Writers Unit, veteran Whirler Dan Goldstein. Hop over to
awards.techwhirl.com and take advantage of the opportunity to enter a CERA
nomination <http://awards.techwhirl.com/submit/> (recognize great content
and those that create itâyourself, your team, or your clients). And thereâs
always some new opportunities presenting themselves on the TechWhirl jobs
site <http://jobs.techwhirl.com/>.

More fun than a Saturday at a theme park, more educational than a day on
the beach with the latest bestseller. And guess whatâ no sunburn!

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for July 31, 2014 | http://bit.ly/UNAdvW
- Essential Skills for eLearning Developers, by Jill Parman |
http://bit.ly/1qLdUpZ
- Drawing a Wall: Where âTechnical Communicationâ Ends and Graphic
Design Begins, by Dan Goldstein | http://bit.ly/1kj954s
- Tech Comm, CXM and Consumer Protection Issues (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1n0C5IB

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: What does semantic XML content for Learning & Training look
like?
<http://easydita.com/what-does-semantic-xml-content-for-learning-training-look-like/>
- MadCap: Guest Post: Letting Code Determine the Width of a DIV Tag
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/07/22/guest-post-letting-code-determine-the-width-of-a-div-tag/>
- Scriptorium: Planning your content strategy pilot project
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/07/planning-your-content-strategy-pilot-project/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=planning-your-content-strategy-pilot-project>
- Adobe Systems: TCS 5.0.1 is here and Captivate 8 and Presenter 10 are
part of it ! <http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/07/tcs501.html>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support. Thanks to all of you!

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: easyDITA <http://easydita.com/>, HelpIQ <http://www.helpiq.com/>

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl