Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for September 5, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 16:27:29 -0400

Maybe itâs just me, but seems to be a whirl of activity going on in the
world of content and communication (see what I did there?). I have been
living by mantra âthe hurrier I go the behinder I get,â for several weeks
now, and no slowdown appears on the horizon. However, to quote another
clichà worth living by: âItâs better to be busy than bored.â

So if you find yourself gazing off into space with no writing project in
front of you as your excuse, or if youâre shutting down the work laptop a
teensy bit earlier each day, we have an alternative to creeping boredom.
Actually several alternatives.

First, consider becoming an intrepid TechWhirl event journalist. We are
looking for a couple more very Special Writers to help us cover LavaCon 2014
<http://company.techwhirl.com/2014/08/lavacon-writers-wanted-2014/> or cover
Information Development World
<http://company.techwhirl.com/2014/09/information-development-writers-wanted-2014/>.
If you can make your way to Portland or San Jose (respectively) on your own
dime, your registration wonât cost you another dime. Write up your
experiences and summarize the amazing sessions that will be available. Itâs
an awesome deal that includes your very own TechWhirl byline. Drop us a
note with your details and a good reason why you want to cover one of the
conferences.

Second, put together a submission of the amazingly awesome work youâve done
creating content that supports the user experience and enter the Customer
Experience Recognition Awards <http://awards.techwhirl.com/submit/>. You
know you want some bragging rightsâ hereâs your chance. Get your entry in
by September 19.

Third, you can go all creative on us and participate in Tech Comm Halloween
Horror Festival 2014
<http://techwhirl.com/tech-comm-halloween-horror-festival-2014/>. We know
how much horrifying (and occasionally supernatural) stuff can happen on the
way to producing the great content you work on every day. Truth is often
stranger than fiction, but weâll take either, or both. Regal us with your
tales of zombies, ghosts, and other assorted corporate and non-corporeal
beings. Itâs fun, and you donât have to worry about a style guide.

And of course you can always stay on top of the latest debates and
questions that need answering by participating in our email discussion list
<http://techwr-l.com/> and community forums
<http://community.techwhirl.com/>.

With all this going on, if youâre bored, you only have yourself to blame.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on **http://TechWhirl.com*
<http://techwhirl.com/>*:*

- Tech Writer This Week for September 4, 2014 | <http://sfy.co/sdQy>
http://ow.ly/B57eO
- Role of Video in Technical & Support Content (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1nSIyqF
- The Answer Lady: Post-conference Networking with LinkedIn, by Rachel
Houghton | http://bit.ly/1A0fsLR
- Tech Comm Halloween Horror Festival 2014 | http://bit.ly/1qvFVyt

*Technical Communication news on **http://TechWhirl.com/news*
<http://techwhirl.com/news>*:*

- Learn Microsoftâs Secrets for Delivering Help To Software Users at
TCUK 2014 http://ow.ly/2MQwIq

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: Manufacturers find new ways to communicate quickly,
consistently, globally
<http://easydita.com/manufacturers-find-new-ways-to-communicate-quickly-consistently-globally/>
- MadCap: Quickly Add a Print TOC, Index, and Glossary with MadCap Flare
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/08/12/quickly-add-a-print-toc-index-and-glossary-with-madcap-flare/>
- Scriptorium: Fall 2014 Scriptorium conference round-up
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/08/fall-2014-scriptorium-conference-round/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=fall-2014-scriptorium-conference-round>
- Adobe Systems: Digital Reality â Escape to a Virtual World or Explore
an Augmented Culture?
<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/08/digital-reality-escape-to-a-virtual-world-or-explore-an-augmented-culture.html>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support. Thanks to all of you!

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver*: easyDITA <http://easydita.com/>, HelpIQ <http://www.helpiq.com/>

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl