Technology needed for WebHelp used with service-based software

Subject: Technology needed for WebHelp used with service-based software
From: "Gillen, Lori" <Lori -dot- Gillen -at- McKesson -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 11:55:22 +0000

Hi-

My department wants to use Flare 10 to build an Online WebHelp system to use with service-based software. We want the landing page to be intuitive and interactive so that it will be a useful gateway to an equally intuitive Help system that contains all of our documentation.

To make the landing page useful, we want to include the following information:

* A prominent Search feature that returns meaningful results

* Links to related/see-also topics

* Orientation capabilities, such as breadcrumbs

* Images to click for information or as part of procedural topics

* A forum or knowledgebase for our customers

* Links to other resources such as customer support and forums

Our team agrees that the landing page accessed by the link below provides the type of design that we want to use for our own Help system.

http://www.unidesk.com/support/learn/2.7.0/plan

My questions are as follows:

1. Is Flare 10 capable of accomplishing all that we need for our new help system and if not, what additional technology do we need to use to create the kind of help we want?

2. Multiple writers will be working on individual parts of Help. Is Flare capable of merging individual projects together into one big Master Help system?

Thank you,

Lori Gillen

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l