Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for October 24, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 08:47:05 -0400

The last two weeks have put the âwhirlâ in TechWhirl, and itâs been pretty
darn cool if I do say so. We have been privileged (a bit jet-lagged but
privileged nonetheless) to take very active part in LavaCon 2014, and
Information Development World. And we finish up this run inspired by some
truly amazing thought leaders, engaged with many fascinating, friendly and
helpful peers, and completely jazzed by the energy and excitement of the
very first winners of the Customer Experience Recognition Awards.

In between we found time to publish great articles and moderate a few meaty
discussions on the the email discussion list
<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe> and
community forum
<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories>. Youâll
see a lot of coverage of both conferences in the coming weeks, which should
inspire you to put both on your 2015 calendar. Theyâre already on ours!

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week (and last) @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- The Help Files: Recruiter Special, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/1oosJxZ
- Usersâ Advocate: Blame the Author If Communication Fails? by Mark
Baker | http://bit.ly/1tDrH3h
- Conference Review: soap! Offers a Clean Start in Poland, by Lois
Patterson | http://bit.ly/1rkivcJ
- The Answer Lady: Optimize Your LinkedIn Profile, by Rachel Houghton |
http://bit.ly/ZYdWix
- Leveraging New Discplines in Tech Comm and CXM (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1oQKeBO

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- Adobe Systems: Human Bionics: More Freedom or Electronic Slavery?
<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/10/human-bionics-more-freedom-or-electronic-slavery.html>
- EasyDITA: A Better Way to Manage Critical Information in the Life
Sciences Industry
<http://easydita.com/a-better-way-to-manage-critical-information-in-the-life-sciences-industry/>
- MadCap: Single Sourcing Explained: The Power of MadCap Flare
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/09/15/single-sourcing-explained-the-power-of-madcap-flare/>
- Scriptorium: DITA localization for output (premium)
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/10/dita-localization-for-output/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=dita-localization-for-output>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver: * easyDITA <http://easydita.com/>

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl