RE: Interactive PDFs from Word -- best solution to a painful process?

Subject: RE: Interactive PDFs from Word -- best solution to a painful process?
From: "Rick Quatro" <rick -at- rickquatro -dot- com>
To: <ryan -dot- minaker -at- ca -dot- pwc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 10:38:52 -0500

Here is a trick that you may not be aware of that makes it easier to deal with changes. Let's say there are changes to the Word file after you do all of the form work in Acrobat. Instead of making a new PDF and starting over by copying/pasting forms, you can do this:

1) Make a PDF of the updated Word file, but use a different name so you don't overwrite your original form.

2) Open the original form in Acrobat Professional.

3) Click the Tools command on the right side of the application.

4) Expand the Pages area of the Tools and click the Replace command. You will be prompted for another PDF. Select the updated PDF created in step 1.

5) Choose the pages to replace in the open PDF with the pages in the new PDF.

When Acrobat replaces the pages, it leaves the form fields, links, etc. from the original pages intact. It only replaces the underlying content. Depending on the changes that you made to the Word file, you may only have to move some of the existing fields around to match the new underlying page. At worse, you may have to create or delete some new fields. But unless the form has been radically changed, this is much easier than starting from scratch or copying/pasting from another form

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments. Thank you very much.

Rick Quatro
Carmen Publishing Inc.
585-366-4017
rick -at- frameexpert -dot- com