Re: I'm furious...

Subject: Re: I'm furious...
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 06:27:22 -0600

LB submitted me with my consent in November to this client for a different role; it had a distinctly different job ID.

I gave HI my consent the other day to submit me to this client for a new role at a different rate. However, because LB submitted me without my consent, HI's submission was rejected.

I called LB's recruiter and read him the riot act. When I got done with that, I demanded to speak to his boss. When I got the recruiter's boss on the phone, I read him the riot act as well. He did his best to sweeten the pot and get me to give them a right-to-represent. I told him I'd think about it.

I then called HI and explained the situation. They took the ball from there and dealt directly with the master vendor who then rejected LB's submission and replaced it with HI's submission. I sent an email to the LB recruiter informing him of what had happened. I haven't heard back from anyone with LB.

Theoretically this won't impact me with the end client, a company I've worked with twice in the past. Of course, the hiring manager still has to choose me for an interview.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 1/9/2015 8:33 PM, William Sherman wrote:

It sounds like it is working out for you now.

LB recruiter - one you submitted with months ago
HI recruiter - one you submitted with a few days ago

1. If LB submitted you a few months ago with the same company that has this opening, they could argue this is a continuation. Not necessarily true, but they can justify it that way. did you submit for the other job at this low rate back then? That would explain how they came up with a rate for you when they didn't talk to you. In their eyes, HI is the second submitter.
Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy & Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word | http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015