Re: Advice for interviewing new tech writers

Subject: Re: Advice for interviewing new tech writers
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- texas -dot- gov>, techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 14:04:23 -0800

What I actually said was to concentrate MORE on how the candidate would work with other writers than on nuts and bolts abilities, not to ignore ability altogether. If I'm working side-by-side with people I don't have managerial responsibility over, I'd rather have less capable coworkers who can work well with me and with each other than superstar performers who can't.

Of course, nothing comes close in unpleasantness to having to work with people who are both incompetent AND hard to work with.

Gene Kim-Eng

On 1/22/2015 1:45 PM, Robart, Kay wrote:

No, I know. I was referring to your comment about not paying attention to the writer's abilities.

Doc-To-Help: The Quickest Way to Author and Publish Online Help, Policy & Procedure Guides, eBooks, and more using Microsoft Word | http://bit.ly/doctohelp2015