Re: Proofreading your own material

Subject: Re: Proofreading your own material
From: Shawn <shawn -at- cohodata -dot- com>
To: "RaphaelWorkman -at- comcast -dot- net" <raphaelworkman -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2015 13:35:59 -0800

Hello Raphael,

I don't get it either (re: proofreading backwards). I am probably not
understanding because I just tried that method and I cannot see how this
method could possibly be effective.

Since I have spend many years as a sole writer and proofreader, my
technique works pretty well:
1) Allow a number of days (i.e. a week) to elapse after writing and before
proof reading.
2) Copy and paste the content into a separate/different editor (I copy my
content to Google Docs and read from my tablet or print out)

Repeat, if necessary.

I find that by using this technique, I not only find and correct errors, I
also improve the overall quality and clarity of the copy (i.e. move around
content, new content, remove redundant content, etc.).

Best regards,
Shawn

--
*Shawn Connelly*