If you wanted to get one technical communication book, what would it be?

Subject: If you wanted to get one technical communication book, what would it be?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Gleb Dolgich <glebd70 -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 08:58:38 -0700

On Thursday, April 16, 2015, Gleb Dolgich <glebd70 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

> Not on Amazon, but still relevant (and free):
>
> Apple Style Guide (2013)
>
> https://help.apple.com/asg/mac/2013/ASG_2013.pdf

I love the Apple style and human interface guides and find it amazing how
far Apple goes out of its way to be different from Microsoft.

That said, Lois is looking for a book to fill an Amazon order. She asked
for what we would recommend as reading material.

Personally, I'd be interested in any advanced books or resources in the
area of:
* Information experience
* Multi channel publishing
* Video and new media
* Data visualization

I've searched for books but can't tell whether they may have what I want,
when I don't even know what I'm looking for (within those broad categories).

Lois, if you've got some money to spend, why not pick up The Animator's
Survival Guide and call it a day? LOL.

-Tony
Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT