Re: Politically correct term for four-eyes authorization?

Subject: Re: Politically correct term for four-eyes authorization?
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 10:00:01 -0400

On Fri, 19 Jun 2015 09:30:46 -0400, Robert Fekete <fekete77 -dot- robert -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

Thanks a lot for your help and ideas. Unfortunately, we really need a way
to name the type of the authorization, because this is a prominent feature of the product, and heavily used in marketing communication as well.

Oh, then this is a /marketing/ issue, not a tech-writing issue, just as long as marketing does not choose something that is completely misleading or is offensive to most of the customers.

Let the imagination fly, neologolizing at full speed. They could call it disredundant, or multipastural, or diphrasic, or rhetoluctural. I don't think anybody's used any of those terms before. And I'm not going to check, either. Some years ago I looked up my wholly mythical diphenhydrazine (NOT diphenhydramine, which is Benadryl and Sominex) I was amazed at what I found. (If it existed diphenhydrazine would be a rocket fuel.)
Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW