Re: MS Publisher for Technical Documents

Subject: Re: MS Publisher for Technical Documents
From: Sean Brierley <sean -dot- brierley -at- gerberscientific -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2015 08:47:37 -0400

One of my biggest struggles was at a company that used MS Publisher for
tech docs. The senior writer there used it, and the upshot was a lot of
time, heartache, and complaints were invested in not adjusting this bit of
text by this much, and that bit of text by that much, and ad-hoc use of
local formatting, styles, or both. Ultimately, it wasn't for me.

I would never recommend using Publisher for anything, including soccer mom
newsletters -- even Word is a better choice for those.

Sean

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 7:12 AM, Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>wrote:

> I have never heard of anyone using Publisher for technical documentation.
> It's long been considered a non-contender, even in the simple desktop
> publishing arena. Truth be told, most view it as a tool used by soccer moms
> and church secretaries. (Nothing against those folks.)

--
*Sean Brierley*
Technical Writer