Re: content for a software "cookbook" ?

Subject: Re: content for a software "cookbook" ?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2016 15:49:41 -0800

I had a section of a developer's guide I was calling a cookbook, but
at a certain point I renamed it "Intermediate programming: common
patterns" as that was more descriptive. "Programming fundamentals"
covers concepts and syntax for individual objects and functions as
well as an abstract overview of programming rules and best practices.
The intermediate section combines those objects and functions in
typical ways, following best practices and explaining non-obvious
choices as necessary.

I might still add a cookbook at some point to hold miscellaneous code
snippets that could be useful to advanced users. That stuff would be
more like the Atlassian model.