RE: Need Feedback from Technical Editors

Subject: RE: Need Feedback from Technical Editors
From: "Anderson, Heather (Contingent Worker)" <HAnderson -at- comerica -dot- com>
To: John G <john -at- garisons -dot- com>, David Artman <david -at- davidartman -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2016 17:51:59 +0000

I absolutely still use hard copies. I have done the editing both ways (hard copy and online) and honestly? Hard copy is easier, and I catch more mistakes. There have been times in online editing that something is missed - and I often may have an idea I'll put on the hard copy only to realize later there's a better way. Online, once I fix it, there's no need for me to look at it again. (Unless I am doing a formatting check.)

I do use track changes, and encourage my SMEs to use it as well. That way we have a record of what is changed.

I don't ever use tablets for anything work-related.

Heather Anderson