Re: font utility to see whether a TTF file contains a particular glyph?

Subject: Re: font utility to see whether a TTF file contains a particular glyph?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: Rick Quatro <rick -at- rickquatro -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 10:16:22 -0700

I'm trying to figure out if a downloaded TTF file of an OS X system
font is missing the glyph I need. I installed the font in Scroll PDF
Exporter and the character is missing from the generated PDF, so to
pin down the reason I need to verify that the glyph is actually in the
font.

I could install it in Windows, but for future reference I'd like to
find a utility that can open uninstalled TTF files.