RE: datasheet vs. product bulletin vs. app note vs. tech note vs. case study ?

Subject: RE: datasheet vs. product bulletin vs. app note vs. tech note vs. case study ?
From: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>, TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2016 06:02:32 +0000

Sorry for stating the obvious, but to determine what you need, always ask yourself who is the target audience and why would they need this doc type. For example, a data sheet is meant for a potential customer. By reading it, the customer understands that the product more or less fits a need and is ready to explore further by, say, calling a sales rep or emailing.

If you have too many overlapping content, you are up to a maintenance/admin nightmare (single-sourcing or not).

HTH,
Erika