Online help for GUI/web-based config app of HW telecom products

Subject: Online help for GUI/web-based config app of HW telecom products
From: Erika Yanovich <ERIKA_y -at- rad -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 11:58:51 +0000

This is for writers who documented or used web- or GUI-based configuration applications of telecom products (such as routers, switches, multiplexers, etc.) and I don't mean a network management application.

We have a differences of opinions here regarding whether or not online help in these applications exists or is expected to exist by users. My take is that online help is expected for any application, regardless what it does. However, product management thinks that online help will not add value to such applications, on the contrary, it may create needless complications. However, if I can find telecom vendors who provide such help, they will change their minds.

So, if any of you documented or used configuration applications for telecom products, please let me know.

TIA
Erika