Relationship bt RoboH styles and .css

Subject: Relationship bt RoboH styles and .css
From: Nancy Allison <maker -at- verizon -dot- net>
To: TCS-Users -at- googlegroups -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 03 May 2016 14:32:51 -0500 (CDT)

Hi, all.
I'm designing a help system from the ground up. Before I slave over a
couple dozen RoboHelp styles, I'm wondering, just how good do the RH
styles need to be? For example, let's say that for final help system
output, I want the second-level bullet to use a different font, use a
different color, display a certain bullet icon, indent to a non-default
tab that I need to set, and wrap around to a non-default location.
Like, say, this:

* Indented twice, let's say to a precise point, not a default, and in
lovely forest green Trebuchet MS, and refined by a few other
hairsplitting tweaks

But -- do I need to do all that in RoboHelp? Or, could I not bother
with formatting refinements and just create a basic "bullet 2" style
that can then be mapped to the .css "bullet 2." I might just change the
color and remember that bullet 2s are purple. Like this:
Regular body text regular body text regular body text regular body text
regular body text regular.
Bullet 2 text bullet 2 text bullet 2 text bullet 2 text bullet 2 text
bullet 2 text bullet 2 text bullet 2 text bullet 2 text
Could I reserve all my effort for the css and let the RH styles have
almost no definition?
Thanks.