Re: Microsoft developer doc revamp

Subject: Re: Microsoft developer doc revamp
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 13:34:05 -0700

There are few doc design errors worse than collapsed text that doesn't
turn up in an in-page search.

Clicking a link to continue reading is standard in lots of contexts.
Offering several such links if there's more than one possible
successor seems absolutely standard to me. Conceptual topics such as
the one in the example often are logical prefaces to many procedural
topics.

"... does every paragraph really need to have it's own comments
thread?" It doesn't. The comments are in the page footer.

I see they're using Livefyre for that. Anybody have experience with it?