RE: integrating authored content with generated API docs

Subject: RE: integrating authored content with generated API docs
From: "Mark Baker" <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>
To: "'Robert Lauriston'" <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L Writing" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2016 14:42:52 -0400

> The challenge in importing anything beyond a single page into
> Confluence is preserving the cross-references.

Could be, depending on how links are stored internally and whether or not
you can specify the name of a page when you create it. It you need to use an
ID assigned by the system then one approach would be to create all the pages
blank, get their IDs and then update them with the links updated to use the
provided IDs. More than just an bit of XSLT required to do that, but not
rocket science.

Then again, some systems do put up barriers, so you don't know for sure
until you try. It is possible with many tools. Can't say for sure about all.

Mark