Re: Current industry trends for technical writers

Subject: Re: Current industry trends for technical writers
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:03:18 -0700

Cloud apps are just hosted versions of client-server apps with web clients.

Since customers do not install the server software, the installation
and operations docs are for internal audiences only.

This is nothing new, I've been documenting SaaS apps for 15 years. The
change is that it's becoming the norm.