Re: Search options for local documentation sets

Subject: Re: Search options for local documentation sets
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 11:09:50 -0700

You're right, JQuery is used by the web help generated by Scroll HTML
Exporter and Paligo, but I was confused about it being the search
engine. Poking around in the source I see the both use lunr.js.

Writing your own web help system seems nuts to me, like writing your
own word processor.

JavaHelp is semi-defunct and is usable only in Java appliciations. Its
successor EclipseHelp can't be used to make lightweight client-side
help a la Flare or RoboHelp.

Few web developers or static-site-generator enthusiasts will know
anything about client-side web help. They assume everything is on the
web.