Re: add presentation to LinkedIn profile - Summary vs. applicablejob section?

Subject: Re: add presentation to LinkedIn profile - Summary vs. applicablejob section?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: <mbaker -at- analecta -dot- com>, "'TechWR-L'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 10:51:20 -0700

Personally, I would post it to Slideshare (which is owned by LinkedIn anyway) and link to your Slideshare account from your LinkedIn account...

I'd looked into that, and found it confusing. From LinkedIn, when I clicked Add Media area's Link button, I can add a link or see a list of Supported Providers. When I click Supported Providers, I get a popup with yet another link to "see a list of supported content providers". That link takes you to embed.ly, which wants me to sign up for "SlideShare Embeds". But I have a slideshare account, where I can upload a presentation. When I view My Uploads, each deck has a "LinkedIn Add to Profile" button. Or presumably I could just view the slide deck, get its URL, and add that directly to my LinkedIn profile.

So do all of these options end up with the same result?!

And regardless of the posting method, I'm still left with my original question about where to add the link: in the Summary or in the "applicable job" section?

-Monique