Re: Transferable skills of a Tech Writer

Subject: Re: Transferable skills of a Tech Writer
From: Jonathan Baker <jbaker2525 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 21:49:25 -0400

Actually, at one time, years ago, the most common background for a CEO was
either law or journalism degree. I would argue that tech writing isn't that
dissimilar from journalism. One of the interesting things that has been
mentioned, but is extremely important, is that TWs rarely have a political
position or stake in the ground and therefore are rarely seen as political
threats within organizations.

My 2 cents,

Jon