Re: RH Merged Projects not showing in a new HTTPS environment

Subject: Re: RH Merged Projects not showing in a new HTTPS environment
From: Paul Wicking <PWicking -at- vizrt -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 08:02:55 +0000

I didn't intend the browser settings as a suggested fix, more to get you started on identifying the underlying problem - sorry for not taking the time to be more clear :)

The .js files as perpetrator seems a likely possibility to me. If you have the time to dig into it a bit, I suggest you have a quick look at these pages from Mozilla Developer Network and Google Developers, dealing with debugging mixed content;
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/Security/Mixed_content
https://developers.google.com/web/fundamentals/security/prevent-mixed-content/fixing-mixed-content?hl=en

It may provide you with what you need to hand over to your guys and the Adobe support guys, and save you the time it takes to build a Thunderdome.

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 11:56:37 -0400
From: Christian Walters <christian -at- christianwalters -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
(Ed)

Yeah, that's pretty much the conclusion I've come to. Unfortunately, this is all customer-facing stuff, and I can't exactly as a bunch of beer and wine distributors to figure out how to change their browser security settings :)

I believe the problem to be buried deep in one or more of the .js files that RoboHelp uses when constructing a TOC for WebHelp. But I've had no luck with Adobe tech support to this point -- I think they start with the assumption that RoboHelp works perfectly and any problems are user created. So they told me I have a server cache problem. And the web server guys here tell me that's ridiculous.

I need some sort of Thunderdome to put our network guys and Adobe tech support in, and neither of them can leave until I can see all my help files in the TOC