Job email rules and moderation prison

Subject: Job email rules and moderation prison
From: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 14:45:47 -0700

Since we cannot reply to the spam thread, new post for a reply.

These are good rules for job postings. I would like to add one rule people should follow before A, and that is to check the link before forwarding the email. In this case, the link redirected to a scientology page and did not link to a job. Nobody wants to get spammed by a well-intentioned friend.

Next, on to Chris being sent to moderation prison until "until we're all talking about the next Presidential cycle." Chris is a longtime list member and frequent participant. We are not friends outside of the list but I follow the engaging discussions on this list and Chris contributes to those discussions. He also apologized to the list and explained his error. Are the moderators open to pardons for those who are sent to moderation jail? Perhaps with an essay about the importance of complying with list rules? I don't know; I'm just playing defense here.

Allow me to provide a quick guide for the future:

* longtime or newer member sees great job offer and thinks - gosh, that
would be a great job

What should they do?

A) forward this directly to people they think would like it - YES, this
would be a grand idea
B) apply for this great job -- YES, this too would be a grand idea
C) forward it to the TECHWR-L list which has banned this type of share
since 1993 - NO, this will get you moderated until we're all talking about
the next Presidential cycle