RE: Tech docs in a recent movie

Subject: RE: Tech docs in a recent movie
From: "Steve Hudson" <sh1448291904 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: <lists -at- soph-text -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2017 01:05:48 +0700

Quality. Capital Q. Define your specs, test to those specs as you build.

A lot of people ask me "Why should my <small-assed company> become ISOnnnn
or IEEEnnnn qualified?"

I answer "If your customers require specific inputs, and you cannot
guarantee them within specification tolerances (Q!), it costs them to test
all inputs. If you provide a tested output, they do not need TO TEST or
SPEND THE MONEY on such tests.

So it's not the tablets per se, it's the lack of a quality process with a
suitable output for the specifications for that industry. Which, in my mind,
is a manufacturing process defect. However, what percentage of customers
require high-altitude testing?

<just quietly, for more extreme environments, one should always buy Big
Blue, coz they tend to come ready to run in those adverse conditions as a
matter of their basic (higher level) Q. The other companies you mention just
sell to peasants.>

Steve Hudson
Word Heretic