Re: Useful training/certifications - not ST or just tech writing

Subject: Re: Useful training/certifications - not ST or just tech writing
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 17:10:30 -0700

Having worked in with teams following Scrum by the book, I think
knowing how agile development teams are supposed to work is unlikely
to give a tech writer any insight into the real-world challenge of of
coupling deadlines for customer-facing docs with development sprints.

In a company that's not really agile, the people who could benefit
from training are the product owners and whoever will perform the role
of Scrum master. (Scrum is a proper noun, agile is just an adjective.)