Re: Using "Fences" as File Management Tool?

Subject: Re: Using "Fences" as File Management Tool?
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 11:11:16 -0400

Check the features on this page:
https://www.stardock.com/products/fences/download

Create a desktop portal from any folder.
NEW! Navigate the folder structure from within the fence.

Using mapped drives/folders, this could be quite a useful project
organizer... in the right hands. So I can see where it very well may
enhance one's productivity.

That said, to understand calculus one must first learn algebra. It's been
an ongoing pet peeve of mine that too many computer users don't understand
the basics. Taking shortcuts too often leads to dead ends, or even outright
catastrophes. Would I want this in my tech pubs department? No.

But if the nOOb under Emoto's tutelage does know her way around PCs, then
perhaps the adoption/allowance of Fences may be a good thing.

For example, I would have been at a disadvantage had I not been permitted
to use WinBatch when I was at HP. That tool let me roll my own little
utilities that the entire department used throughout each day.

Chris Morton
(click logo â for details)

<http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrismorton>
â Substantive Editing â Technical Writing â Proofreading
â B2B/B2C â Marketing Expertise â Mentoring