RE: "Technical Writing as a Part of User Experience"

Subject: RE: "Technical Writing as a Part of User Experience"
From: Slager Timothy J <Timothy -dot- Slager -at- dematic -dot- com>
To: Jack DeLand <jackdeland -at- adamcharlesconsulting -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 20:31:04 +0000

I donât find it particularly depressing. I tell myself Iâm being innovative. â (And, by the way, it doesnât take too many times of their seeing what I mean before I get some respect.)

Oh, and on a critical project, I once motivated warring parties to agree by bringing fresh-baked cookies, opening the container so we could smell them, and promising to share them after we all signed off.

We all want to protect our territory at times; they arenât bad people. Could they be more sensible? Sure. But I wouldnât give up a good job because a few people donât appreciate my input.

My 2p