Re: Odd/Even formatting

Subject: Re: Odd/Even formatting
From: Mike Starr <mike -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 13:45:21 -0500

You don't need to do that. I use roman numerals for the front matter and regular numbering for the rest of the document. When your TOC is generated, the links go right to the appropriate pages. When you insert a cross-reference link to a heading it goes right to the correct page. If you put in a cross-reference link to a page number it goes right to the correct page. I could link to a front matter roman numeral page number as well.No subtraction required. It's all very automated and you don't have to change the page number if you add or delete content that affects page numbering. If you're manually editing page numbers you're wasting a lot of time.

Best Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Starr, Writer
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - WordPress Websites

On 8/29/2018 12:49 PM, Jack DeLand wrote:

If I HAVE TO do a PDF, I make sure the page numbers and the number I enter to reach a page actually synch. Using xxvv number of pages for front matter, then starting over at page 1 for the first chapter means I have to subtract that odd variable to arrive at the "actual" page number. Ludicrous.