Q: Content management solutions to use with Microsoft Teams?

Subject: Q: Content management solutions to use with Microsoft Teams?
From: Geoff Mann <geoff -dot- mann -at- uxwordsense -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 13:50:07 -0500

Is anyone else tasked with creating or maintaining a help center or
knowledge base that integrates with Microsoft Teams in Office 365? I'm
wondering what tools and approaches others use.

My client's content and user needs warrant a browsable 3-tier architecture,
cross-referencing between pages, and some potential for single-sourcing,
but the scale of the content is relatively small (~100 pages), so it
doesn't justify a robust HAT or CCMS, and frankly it may not warrant the
cost of a small CMS like Zendesk Guide. I'd like to exhaust my free options
before adding to their budget.

The obvious 365 options are SharePoint, Word, and OneNote, all of which are
inadequate in some regard to authoring, maintenance, web output, or
end-user experience. The team currently docs everything in OneNote, which
does offer 3-tiers of info and allows admins to restrict notebooks by
team/user, but that's a horrible authoring experience (particularly on 365
for Mac which doesn't allow templates).

The app integrations advertised in Teams don't address content management
like help authors think of content management (Teams lists OneNote). Teams
can link to external websites, but I'd need a CMS to publish compatible
output.

I'd like to hear what others have done with Office 365 & Teams to find a
balance between user needs, content needs, and budget. Thanks!
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com