Online Help System Survey (academic)

Subject: Online Help System Survey (academic)
From: INKtopia Admin <admin -at- inktopia -dot- net>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 13:32:28 -0500

Hi everyone,

Donal is a postgraduate student @ the University of Limerick and asked us
if we would send his survey to our list.

He's doing research into user feedback features in online help systems.
Please direct any questions on the survey to him. He's cc'ed on this email.

###

Do you work with an online help system that solicits documentation feedback
from users?

If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you could complete the linked
15-minute survey. It does not matter what format your feedback-collection
takes, from a simple Yes/No question such as âWas this article helpful?â,
to a more detailed process involving user comments and topic-ratings â all
your contributions are welcome.

Survey: https://dkavanagh.limequery.com/123566?lang=en

*What is this survey for?*

My name is Donal Kavanagh and I am a postgraduate student of the MA in
Technical Communication and E-Learning in the University of Limerick,
Ireland. I am undertaking research into user feedback features in online
help systems â how they are deployed, the data that is returned and their
value to the modern-day technical writer.

*Will my contribution be anonymous?*

Yes, your identity will remain anonymous. A linked information sheet on the
survey welcome screen provides full information about anonymity and how the
data will be used.

*Can I see a copy of the final report?*

Yes. A question in the linked survey asks if you would be willing to
participate in a follow-up survey. All participants in the follow-up survey
will be emailed a copy of my findings.

Kind Regards,
Donal Kavanagh,
University of Limerick

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWhirl
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com