Re: Independent contractors and freelancers are employees in California?

Subject: Re: Independent contractors and freelancers are employees in California?
From: Dave C <davec2468 -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019 23:08:13 -0700

> On Sep 12, 2019, at 7:00 PM, Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net> wrote:
>
> It is also roping in people who benefit from the gig economy, like truckers who are often prey for unions.

That is a truly odd statement. It goes along with others such as â... like older citizens who are often prey for quality healthcare.â

If your POV is one of a predatory world, I can see how it would be true for you.

I personally see unions as a necessary evil. If employers wouldnât shortchange employees there would be no need for them. A great example is the tech sector. Unions traditionally have had little traction in this sector because... companies treat them well, in general.

Dave
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com