Acrobat and Acrobat DC Reader Suddenly Freeze During Advanced Search

Subject: Acrobat and Acrobat DC Reader Suddenly Freeze During Advanced Search
From: Kevin Ryan <kryan -at- harriscomputer -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2019 19:30:43 +0000

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has dealt with this problem: I often use Acrobat XI's and Acrobat Reader DC 's ADVANCED SEARCH function to do a full-text search of PDFs on both my hard drive and on our network. I use Windows 10. Suddenly today I notice that both these programs lock up the moment I execute a call for the ADVANCED SEARCH function (Ctl-Shift-F or EDIT > ADVANCED SEARCH). I've tried rebooting as well as Edit > Preferences > Search > Purge Cache ; Disable Fast Find. I've also tried the Reader's repair tool to no avail. Standard Search seems to work ok but Advanced Search paralyzes the program.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Adobe recently issued an "end of support" message for my Acrobat XI, so the skeptical part of me wonders if this is something intentional on Adobe's part to spur me on to an upgrade.

Thank you for your time,

Kevin Ryan

Harriscomputer

Kevin Ryan
Technical Writer, Research & Development
P: 802-865-1170x82412
E: kryan -at- harriscomputer -dot- com

[cid:systems-and-software-logo_fb337cde-842d-4df4-a70d-ba6845848677.png]

10 E Allen Street
Suite 201
Winooski, VT 05404
www.ssivt.com<http://www.ssivt.com>

This message has been sent on behalf of a company that is part of the Harris Operating Group of Constellation Software Inc.
If you prefer not to be contacted by Harris Operating Group please notify us<http://subscribe.harriscomputer.com/>.

This message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This communication may contain information that is proprietary, privileged or confidential or otherwise legally exempt from disclosure. If you are not the named addressee, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete all copies of the message.

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com