ServiceNow document librarian/Tech Writer needs info on customizing/automating workflow process & setting up approvals

Subject: ServiceNow document librarian/Tech Writer needs info on customizing/automating workflow process & setting up approvals
From: Stacy Naus <snaus2003 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2022 15:42:23 +0000 (UTC)

Good morning,
Do any of you Tech Writers work in ServiceNow?Â
We use it to manage/publish our documentation, and I need more info on the workflow stages (Draft/Review/Published/Pending Retirement/Retired). We need to create a workflow that enables the manager(s) of our documentation library to better manage when an article is going to change the next workflow state.Â
I'm new to this job and don't know much about the backend of ServiceNow but will be working with a developer to make this happen. I am not sure how to set up the approvals for transitioning through the various workflow stages, but the developer can help me with that.
I'd like to talk w/a TW who has experience with this in SNOW. Can anyone else help?
Thanks!
Stacy Naus
Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com