Distribution of the list

Subject: Distribution of the list
From: Eric Scouten <scouten -at- STAFF -dot- TC -dot- UMN -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1993 12:28:30 -0600

>I'd like to suggest very strongly that this list be distributed
>in digest form where articles are assembled throughout the day
>into a single file/message that gets sent once a day to anyone
>on the list. Constant messages are annoying and difficult to
>track or archive if someone is planning to store collected
>wisdom over the long term.

That's fine, but let's keep the immediacy of the current format available
too.
I'm on several e-mail lists, and I find the interaction of these lists to
be very enjoyable. Constant messages are fine -- I just ignore my
computer's beepings when I don't have time to respond to them.

-Eric
---
Eric Scouten Internet: scouten -at- staff -dot- tc -dot- umn -dot- edu
Research Projects Coordinator Bitnet: scouten -at- umnacvx
Student Affairs Research
University of Minnesota Compuserve: 74650,2242
110 Morrill Hall
100 Church St SE Phone: +1 612 626 0746
Minneapolis, MN 55455 USA Fax: +1 612 626 8131