Re: paper vs online

Subject: Re: paper vs online
From: Dick Karpinski <dick -at- CCNEXT -dot- UCSF -dot- EDU>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1993 22:03:27 PST

Eric Ray said, in part:

I'll buy that. When I am using documentation I usually end up with
several different pencils, pens, rulers, and whatnot sticking
out of the books so I can keep track of the info I need. It just doesn't
work with online docs.

Dick Karpinski says:

When you speak of the difficulty of using the online stuff, you are
noticing the deficiencies of the online setup. When it is convenient
to print anything on your screen, and your screen(s) show enough info
to be useful from several sources at once, it aint that bad. This,
of course, presumes that the information available online is as good
as the pre-printed stuff. Achieving that is non-trivial.

Dick