rewriting job descriptions

Subject: rewriting job descriptions
From: lpraderio <lpraderi -at- CLIFF -dot- WHOI -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1993 12:49:30 EDT

This is posted to techwr-L -at- osuvm1 -dot- bitnet and copyediting-L -at- cornell -dot- edu
Please delete if you've already seen this on one of these lists. Thanks! B-)

Hello,

I'm working on rewriting job descriptions for a department here where I work.
I've never rewritten/edited this stuff before and I have samples, but the
descriptions I'm working on are so jumbled (qualifications in the duties
section, etc.), does anyone have any experience in this and/or any guidelines
on how to rewrite/edit this material. (I hate to bug my resources (people)
every 10 minutes? I do have lists of questions for our next meeting, but was
looking for some rewriting/editing guidelines.)

Thanks. B-)

Laura Praderio
Technical Communicator
Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution