undergrad tech writing students

Subject: undergrad tech writing students
From: Gary Beason <bubba -at- EXPERT -dot- CC -dot- PURDUE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1993 23:40:48 EST

I am a technical writing teacher here at Purdue University. For one
project in this course, a group of my students has chosen to examine
the effects of e-mail in organizations. I brought techwr-l to their
attention as a possible source for information, given that all of its
participants use email and that many seem to be in
organizations/companies.

Would y'all mind if the students submit some questions to this group?
I don't know that the students necessarily will, but I wanted to check
first with the group.

Specifically, they are interested in finding out more about the claim
that e-mail is advantageous because it helps discussions to focus more
on ideas rather than personal characteristics (e.g., race and gender).
Even if such is the case, the students are not sure that such an
effect is necessarily beneficial.

Thanks in advance.

--Gary Beason
---Purdue University