Re: SGML

Subject: Re: SGML
From: Jerry Blackerby 214-907-7810 <exujbl -at- EXU -dot- ERICSSON -dot- SE>
Date: Mon, 5 Apr 1993 08:37:07 CDT

Our writers are using ArborTex Publisher to develop documents in SGML.
The decision to use SGML was from the home office in Sweden and
apparently because of our market being international. It was decided that
the conversion of documents from one market to another would be
easier using SGML.

One distinct advantage has been the conversion of document
files for printed documents into files for CD-ROM. The electronic
files for the documents prepared using SGML are ASCII. The CD-ROM
department developed filters to convert the SGML tags into appropriate
tags for presentation on the screen for CD-ROM. Some other systems
required more hand work during the conversion process.

Jerry

|| Jerry Blackerby || | ~~ || Practice random kindness ||
|| 214-907-7810 (w) || \, _} || and senseless acts of ||
|| exujbl -at- exu -dot- ericsson -dot- se || \( || beauty. ||